The Body Workshop Dance Terms and Conditions
In order to ensure the school runs smoothly and successfully, we ask that parents read our Terms and Conditions.
- Enrolment forms and payment will be sent out before the end of each term (if there is a reason this is delayed, parents will be informed).
- Payment can be made by Cheque (payable to The Body Workshop Dance), BACS (Account Number: 14155110 Sort Code: 09-01-29) or Cash.
- If payment is made after the end of term, a £5 fee is added and if payment is not made by the start of the next term, a £10 fee is added to the normal fee.
- We reserve the right to suspend classes until overdue payments are received.
If a student wishes to stop a class or leave the school, we must receive written notice (by hand or by email) at least half a term prior to leaving.
All teachers hold formal dance teaching qualifications, are DBS checked and have valid insurance.
They are also aware of the Safeguarding Policy.
There will always be a First Aid trained teacher on site.
Physical contact may be necessary when a teacher is helping a student to correct a position or when demonstrating but this is conducted with professionalism.
We have Public Liability Insurance as The Body Workshop Dance.
Responsibilities of Parents/Guardians and students
Attendance to our classes is seen as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
Students must attend lessons in correct uniform and with their hair tied back neatly (in a bun for ballet).
Students must arrive promptly to lessons unless there is an adequate reason.
Any rude or discriminative behaviour to other pupils or to teachers will not be tolerated
Photographs linked to The Body Workshop Dance should not be posted on social media without permission of those involved
To contact Katharine if your child will be absent from a class.
If your child is in one of our performance groups, missing 4 classes (unless for exceptional circumstances) will mean their place may be reconsidered.
To inform teachers of any injury or illness that may impact the student’s participation in class.
To email all queries to Katharine who will contact the teachers so please do not approach teachers in the changeover time between classes to ask questions unless it is urgent.
To ensure we have the correct contact details for you.
- I am aware that to be in the show my child must attend class regularly up until the show and if they are absent for more than 4 lessons their place in the show could be jeopardized.
- I realise that attendance at the dress and technical rehearsals is compulsory for all pupils.
- I am aware that if my child does not attend the dress rehearsal due to illness, they may not be able to take part in the show finale as it is choreographed and involves the whole school.
- I understand that my show contribution will go towards costumes, lighting, hall hire and other show expenses.
- I am aware that only parents signed up to help backstage will be allowed to be backstage during rehearsals and performances.
- I understand that no refunds will be given for fees or show contribution after 26th August 2017.
- I understand that a full term’s fees will be charged in the Spring term (February 2018) even if my child wishes to drop classes or leave the school after the show.
At The Body Workshop Dance we welcome people to dance with us irrespective of where they live, their age, gender, sexuality, race, disability, educational attainment or economic circumstance.
We promote the safety of all students in our classes.
We believe that everybody has the capacity and the right to dance.
We focus on the benefits of dance helping individual’s personally and socially as well as physically.